Friday, August 10, 2012

'Twill Be My Theme in Glory

I'm a storyteller by trade. I love to tell stories. Give me your ear (or eye, as the case may be) and I'll give you a story. It doesn't take much to trigger a story idea.

Yet the most beautiful story that has ever been told, that can ever be told, is the story of Jesus and his love. We can never get enough of that story - the story of our salvation.
        I love to tell the story,   it did so much for me;   and that is just the reason   I tell it now to thee. 
It's more than a story, isn't it? It's the truth! It's fact, not fiction. You can hang all your hope on it, because every word is the Word of God.
        I love to tell the story,   'twill be my theme in glory,   to tell the old, old story   of Jesus and his love.

This is the song we'll sing in glory for all eternity. Jesus and his love will always be in our minds and on our tongues.
        And when, in scenes of glory,   I sing the new, new song,   'twill be the old, old story   that I have loved so long.

I love to tell the story, 'twill be my theme in glory, to tell the old, old story of Jesus and his love.
This is a story that we can't keep to ourselves. It's a story that begs to be shared - with every tribe, every nation, every tongue.
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? Romans 10:14

Each time we hear it or we tell it, it becomes even more beautiful than it was before.
        I love to tell the story;   'tis pleasant to repeat   what seems, each time I tell it,   more wonderfully sweet.    I love to tell the story,   for some have never heard   the message of salvation   from God's own holy Word.
Starting from the beginning, Peter told them the whole story. Acts 11:4.

No comments:

Post a Comment